Focus on Jesus Series
A Woman Who Knew How to Listen
Notes on Matthew 26:1-13
by Ed Vasicek
Do you know how to listen to others, and more importantly, to God?
- Among the
People Jesus Addressed, Many Heard But Few Listened.
- His disciples did not really listen
though He spoke of His coming death repeatedly.
- Passages in
- They heard WORDS, but did not grasp the meaning.
- The chief priests plotted, but did not really understand.
Note a previous
- Mary, sister of Martha and Lazarus, was the ONLY
one who understood Jesus was going to die
- What Made Mary
- She found TIME to listen (story of Mary and
Martha); an eager learner.
—teacher honored for her aggressive motivation to learn...
—MARY was self-motivated,
or more accurately, Spirit motivated.
- A matter of priority.
- Willingness to first UN learn to
remove paradigm blindness.
- The Ministry
Mary Had Because She Had Listened.
- Ultimate act of WORSHIP.
- Had the honor of edifying, preparing and
strengthening CHRIST for the horrible
trauma that lay ahead in two days.
People who listen can worship more deeply and be used more of God. People who
don't listen lose much of what could have been.